- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 8 oz. baby carrots with tops, trimmed, or baby carrots, halved lengthwise if large
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums (prunes)
- 1 14-oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1-1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine onion and carrots. Add plums and broth. Top with chicken. In a small bowl combine curry powder, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove chicken, fruit, and vegetables from cooker with a slotted spoon. Spoon some of the cooking juices on each serving. Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is not my own and can be found at http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/slow-cooked-moroccan-chicken/